Ok so last night I made this yummy paleo zucchini slice. It is a really simple recipe and can be made in a matter of minutes. As I have said in previous posts you can make your own almond meal/flour by just grinding up some raw almonds in a food processor. Here is Australia if you buy 400 grams of almond meal at the supermarket its around $12. I can buy a kilo of raw almonds for the same price. So if you are going paleo long term it is worth investing on a little food processor. You can normally get a cheap one for under $50.
Ok onto the recipe
2 large grated zucchinis
1 large grated carrot
1 & 1/2 cup of almond meal
5 rashers of short cut bacon
1 teaspoon cinnamon
mixed herds (can use curry powder, moroccan etc)
salt and pepper
1 – preheat oven to 200 degrees
2 – cook off chopped up bacon and onion
3 – combine grated zucchuni, carrot, almond meal and eggs
4 – tip in cooked bacon and onion
5 – add herbs and spices
6 – combine and tip into a lined baking tray
7 – cook for 25-30 minutes
Ok so it doesn’t get much easier than that. If you don’t really like it tasting to nutty you can only put in 1 cup of almond meal and 5 eggs.
If you need some more inspiration you can try these popular paleo cookbooks:
There is nothing like getting inspiration from these great paleo cookbooks.
So the other great thing about the zucchini slice is that my kids liked it. So a quick and healthy meal that kids love, how can you go wrong!
Hope you enjoy and let me know what you thought of my paleo zucchini slice.
- Paleo Blueberry and Chocolate Muffins Here is my recipe for my blueberry muffins. The chocolate...
- Day 12 Results From My 30 Day Paleo Challenge Ok so it’s day 12 of my 30 day Paleo...
- Paleo Apple Crumble This one is a really quick and simple recipe for...
- Paleo Bacon and Egg ‘Muffins’ As promised on What’s For Dinner here is my recipe...
- Paleo Recipe Book – Sébastien Noël Ok guys so I brought this ebook because not only...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.