Who loves bacon? Isn’t everything better with bacon? I think so. Here is my favorite cookbook about bacon at the moment- Fifty Shades of Bacon
Anyway these meatballs can be adapted to your taste. Below is the ingredients I used in mine
1 kg of lamb mince
1 large chopped red chilli
1 cup of almond meal
mixed herbs – basil, parsley and thyme
salt and pepper
10 rashers of bacon
1 – Combine all ingredients (except bacon) in a large bowl and combine together
2 – Roll into around 20 meatballs (around 10 if you only use 500grams mince)
3 – Fry off in a frypan until they are browned all over
4 – Cut the bacon in half.
5 – Once the meatballs have cooled a little bit, wrap with bacon and secure with a toothpick and place in a baking dish
6 – Cook for around 30 minutes at 180-200 degrees
7 – Serve with some vegetables on the side
The best things with these meatballs is you can add or takeaway anything you like. With 1 kilo of mince you don’t get any heat off the chilli, just an nice addition to flavor. Also if you like you could fry off the bacon first but I think it may dry it out to much. The bacon comes out nice and crispy after 30 minutes in the oven.
If you want the recipe to my tomato relish let me know in the comments and I will post the recipe.
Still need more inspiration about bacon? The Bacon Cookbook: More than 150 Recipes from Around the World for Everyone’s Favorite Food
See you in the next post.
- Paleo Bacon and Egg ‘Muffins’ As promised on What’s For Dinner here is my recipe...
- Paleo Recipe Book – Sébastien Noël Ok guys so I brought this ebook because not only...
- 30 Day Paleo Challenge | Day 11 Results So day 11 of the 30 day paleo challenge. How...
- Paleo Zucchini Slice Ok so last night I made this yummy paleo zucchini...
- Day 4 – 30 Day Paleo Challenge So once again I wake up tired but I think...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.